You are now browsing - Dalmore
Alexander Matheson founded the Dalmore Distillery in 1839 but by 1867, three MacKenzie brothers were running it for the Matheson family. Alexander Matheson passed away in 1886 and 5 years later the distillery was sold by Sir Kenneth Matheson to the Mackenzie brothers.
Interestingly, in 1917 during the first world war, the Royal Navy occupied the distillery and used it to manufacture American mines. They moved out in 1920 leaving a distillery partially damaged by an explosion. It took until 1922 for the distillery to enter production of whisky again.
In 1956 the traditional floor malting was replaced by a Saladin Box which is a large instrument for malting barley.
In 1960 the Mackenzie Brothers (Dalmore) Ltd merged with Whyte & Mackay. Whyte & Mackay was purchased by American Brands in 1990 and 6 years later Whyte & Mackay changed their name to JBB (Greater Europe). A series of buyovers and name changes took place until 2002 when Kyndal Spirits was changed back to Whyte & Mackay.
Notes courtesy of Malt Whisky Yearbook 2013
Highland - 70cl / 40%
A very regal dram indeed and a worthy edition to the Dalmore core range. Six different cask finishes are exquisitely curated to create a one of a kind whisky with a rich and enticing flavour profile. Tasting Notes Courtesy of The Dalmore Distillery